I thought as soon as I hit the “submit” button, something epic would happen. No confetti falling from the roof. No old man ringing my doorbell with a big ass check worth a million dollars. No theme music. I couldn’t even get “Eye of the Tiger” playing on someones ringtone.
As happy as I am to finally be able to say “I just paid for my last class to get my degree”, I’m not as ecstatic as I thought I would be. It could be possible because I’ve been so busy doing homework all semester, I’m not allowed to get excited about school whatsoever.
Maybe it’s because it took me entirely too long to get my associates degree. It’s taken me 3 years too long to get it. I’ve went to three different schools pursuing this fucking thing.
Perhaps it’s the fact that once I graduate, I know that I’ll have MORE school. This time at a university which is far more expensive. Being able to go to a school that’s cheap enough to pay out of pocket has been a blessing. The horror stories I’ve heard about loans makes not even want a credit card.
Or maybe it’s the fact that I’m getting a degree for something I want absolutely no parts of. I’ve changed my major a good three times only to settle on Computer Networking just so I could get the fuck out. I actually hate computers now (thanks to school). The moment I can change it at my future university, best believe I will.
Whatever it is that’s holding back my excitement, I hope it leaves soon…
- The past few weeks, I have not had the energy or desire to entertain anybody. This single class literally sucks everything out of me. If didn’t know that I had one semester left and that I needed this class to graduate, I would not be taking it.
- I have a job interview next Friday. I feel like I need this job. Hopefully I get it.
- I got into a car accident. First one ever. Wasn’t as bad as I thought, but I’d still never want to go through one again. I was more pissed than I was scared. My car ended up getting totaled, but I got a new one already.
- Did I mention I was on my way to the doctors when I got into the car accident?
- Whoever knew about Allen Stone and didn’t tell me about him can end our friendship.
- Going to Ann Arbor during Halloweekend made me want to go to University of Michigan. Too bad they don’t have my major.
- I can’t wait until Christmas. Not for the gifts. Not to see my family. Just for the satisfaction that I will be done with this fucking semester.
- I have to find a way to go to California for my moms one year death anniversary in January.
- Battlefield 3 is dope. Arkham City is amazing. I can’t wait for GTA 5.